All though not a major high tech city, like its neighbors, Campbell is the original home of eBay. Affectionately known to locals as the prune pit of Silicon Valley, even with all the prune orchards being gone. Campbell was officially incorporated as a city in 1952.
Noteworthy people that have lived or call Campbell home:
- Donald C. Chambeberlin: PHD- Computer scientist, of the principal designer of the SQL database query language
- Craig Morton: NFL quarterback
- Ed Oats: Co-founder of Oracle Corporation
Zip Codes Served: 95008
- Los Gatos Creek trail runs through Campbell all the way up to Lexington reservoir. With a off leash dog park at the perk ponds off of Dell Avenue.
- The Sports Basement
- Pet Food Express
- Capers Grill & Bar
- Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
- Untied Veterinary Speciality & Emergency
- Sage Veterinary Center